REACTIVE: Embedded-software testing and validation
Reactive Systems is a leading tool vendor in the embedded systems sector. The company develops and markets the Reactis product line, a set of testing and validation tools which help engineers improve software quality while decreasing software development costs.
Over the past decade, many engineering organizations have deployed model-based design to address the exploding complexity of embedded control software. In model-based design, executable visual models of embedded control software are developed in advance of system implementation. The models may be used to drive the development of control software, and may also serve as basis for software and system testing.
The Reactis tool suite of Reactive Systems, Inc., substantially enhances the gains organizations realize from model-based design by automating many testing and validation activities. Reactis works with models implemented in the Simulink®/Stateflow® notation.
Using Reactis, engineers may:
- Generate tests from a model that thoroughly exercise the model (structural testing);
- Find runtime errors (e.g. overflow errors, divide-by-zero errors) in a model;
- Execute the model and track coverage (e.g. MC/DC);
- Perform functional tests to check whether or not a model can violate its requirements;
- Use a Reactis test suite as an oracle to check whether code conforms to a model.
Teoresi distributes in Italy REACTIS software line and solutions.
Reactis comes in two versions:
- one supporting model-based design with Simulink® and Stateflow®
- one supporting a standalone C code process.
Reactive Systems‘ key technology is a capability to automatically generate tests from either a Simulink model or C code.
Reactis® for C, an automated test-generation tool, may be used to find bugs in C programs. It consists of three primary components: Tester, Simulator, and Validator. Read more →